So the girls and I are starting to get adjusted to Dresden life, but it has definitely not been without challenges. Yesterday our heat stopped working in our apartment, making it extremely cold. Today, we found out that if you leave a key in the other side of the door and try to unlock it, it won’t work, so we ended up locked out of our apartment with no idea what to do. Thankfully by last night most of our heaters were back on working and we survived the night, and Day and I finally got a space heater to warm up our small room where our heater had not been working since we’ve been here and have been sleeping with numerous layers on.
Ironically, we were blessed through the locked door situation and saw God in a pretty incredible way. Today we went out on our own for our first day of prayer walking and checking out Dresden to find out more about it. Even though honestly I wasn’t looking forward to it, God gave me a peace about it and by the end of it I can say I had a really good day. It was great to be able to pray over the part of the city we went to and see more of the city than we had seen so far. So after we were done, Day and I headed back to our apartment to find out that our landlady had not been able to get our door fixed and we were still locked out of our apartment. We called all of our resources and calculated that the fastest we would end up back in our apartment would be an hour, but probably more like a couple of hours. So we’re sitting in our cold stairway (because only the rooms in our building are heated), talking about how frustrating our time here has been and just trying to keep optimistic in our situations, which I am not a naturally optimistic person, so it has been really hard. So we stand back up and are trying to figure out if there is any other way into our apartment. Finally, I just go to the door and start to just push it because I was so frustrated. Day asks me if I want to try the key again, and I’m like well might as well. So I put the key back in the door and am pretty much slamming my body into the door and jiggling the key, really loudly at that, and then all of the sudden our door just opens!! Day and I start rejoicing out loud and hug, and it was just an INCREDIBLE God moment. I had just shared with our group this Sunday night that I was feeling really discouraged with prayer because I felt like God wasn’t answering any prayers. And here God showed up and said that he still answers prayer, for sure. We just gotta be patient and trust that God will do it in HIS TIME. Which is really hard to be patient, for me anyways. So I’m just feeling much more peace right now about everything.
I also celebrated my birthday yesterday, which was very different, and hard, not being with the people I am really close to back in the States, but I know what I am doing here is more important. And Cheryl made me a chocolate cake, with a big chocolate cake pig on top. It was amazing. Ok, so onto prayer requests! The United Kingdom group got denied entry into Whales and London. I’m not sure we’re they are going to now, but pray that they are able to adjust to that change in their ministry and that they really see God moving and that God uses them in even more amazing ways than they ever could imagine. Also, keep praying for my team and that even though we may not see God moving, He is, and we just need to be patient and have faith that He brought us here for a reason!
Mark 11:22-24: “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment