Thursday, June 11, 2009

Moved Out.

As of about 3 hours ago, the girls and I are moved out of our Dresden apartment. We lived on no doubt one of the prettiest streets of Dresden. Just a fifteen minute walk from the famous Frauenkirche or Zwinger, just down the street from the Japanese Palace, and right across the street from the Dreikonigskirche. When we told people we lived on that street, we could immediately see in their face a look of, "Wow, these girls must have a lot of money..." But, when they saw our apartment building, then they understood. It's probably the only unrenovated building in our neighborhood. It really looks like it could fall down at any minute. However, we did survive in it for almost 5 months. And for me it was hard leaving Neustadt (the side of town we lived on). Now we sit and wait and maybe get some sleep for our 5:35am flight out of town tomorrow.

I went to the top of the Frauenkirche today, it has a pretty amazing view of the whole city. It was cool to go up and look over the city at the end of my time because I looked over the city and the buildings and actually knew what everything was. Where as a bunch of tourists were at the top with me and we just like, oh cool. I could look and remember the past 5 months, and I ended up getting some pretty good closure up there.

So now, tomorrow, or in just about 6 hours, we head off to the airport and leave for Paris, where we get to see that city tomorrow and then have 3 days of debriefing there before, on Monday, we go back to the States.

I'm going to miss Dresden a lot. I feel it already. I miss my friends and my family, but being back in United States culture is going to be weird. Being back in the weather alone is going to be weird. Today, June 11th, people were actually walking around in jackets. ooh boy.

So here is a picture of me up on top of the Frauenkirche, with Neustadt in the back ground. And I'll throw in a picture also of me at the castle in Edinburgh, Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment