Friday, June 19, 2009

transitioning

I'm back in the States. Well I have been since Monday at about 2pm. I had to wait for my bags for 40 minutes, but I finally got them, and then finally made it out to my whole family who was waiting for me. Which I only thought my mom and dad would make it to the airport to see me so it was quite a lovely surprise to see Stephen, Josh, and Julie too.
Transitioning is hard. I don't just mean jet lag and time zone differences. As the time got closer and closer for me to come back and especially while I was in Paris, I could already tell that coming back to the States from Germany wouldn't be so easy for me. It does make sense though. I had dreamed for half my life of going to Germany someday and I know God wants me to move back after college or whenever it may be. I have lived in 6 different places and Germany was definitely towards the top of the list. So coming back, and looking out my bedroom window and seeing flames from the chemical plants, and having the high temperature each day 20-30 degrees higher, and realizing I actually have to pay attention to what people are saying because they are speaking English, not German which I only halfway understood, is not the easiest thing. I zone out too easily, people have changed, I'm tired of being not busy and having too much time to think, and I'm tired of feeling lazy because I'm not running to catch the tram everyday. I know it hasn't even been a week and it will just take time for me to get used to being back, just like it took some time arriving there and getting use to the things I wasn't used to there yet.

1 comment:

  1. we hear ya! i recommend a book called Re-entry by Peter Jordan. in some places it's a little outdated, but overall i think it should help. ;)

    ReplyDelete